I love coming home to packages filled with advance review books. Despite the fact that I have not actively requested review copies in months, I recently returned from two weeks of vacation to find piles of ARCs spilling over my desk. They’re like little gifts of reading joy from the trusted publishing sources who have my home address. Here is what I had the pleasure of coming home to:
- Cosmic by Frank Cottrell Boyce
- A Nest for Celeste by Henry Cole
- The entire Dark Guardian series:
- RuneWarriors: Sword of Doom by James Jennewein & Tom S. Parker
- Enchanted Glass by Diana Wynne Jones
- The Natural History of Unicorns by Chris Lavers
- The Death-Defying Pepper Roux by Geraldine McCaughrean
- Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger
- As You Wish by Jackson Pearce
- Rampant by Diana Peterfreund
- Syren by Angie Sage
Books, delicious books!
I couldn’t resist diving straight into Audrey Niffenegger’s long anticipated new novel, Her Fearful Symmetry, and I was hooked straight from the first paragraph. Contest information was included, which I will post about soon.
I was sent a deluge of young adult fantasy novels, which is a genre that intrigues me. I think HarperCollins mailed me half their teen paranormal fiction line for the next year. Thank you HarperCollins!
One book on the list that caught my eye was The Natural History of Unicorns by Chris Lavers. It appears to be a well researched history behind the legend of unicorns.